Your Candidate for DUKINFIELD :
Hello, I’m Ian Cooke, your local UKIP party candidate for Dukinfield and also Secretary for your Tameside Branch.
I’m retired having worked for 36 years in public service as a Chartered Surveyor – 30 years with Manchester City Council and 6 years with an East Manchester Registered Social Landlord. I was born and have always lived in Tameside (except for a spell at polytechnic!).
I fully support all the issues raised in UKIP’s Local Manifesto 2016 such as moving local people and veterans up the Housing Waiting List, and giving residents more say in big Local Authority decisions, like moving the main Town Hall in Ashton! See below for a summary of those Manifesto issues.
But I also want to see some more specific issues resolved, that quite frankly, are just plain common sense, like:
- fair council spending across all Tameside towns. Let’s not forget, Council Tax is your money, not the Council’s.
- minimum standards of safety and living conditions being enforced on private housing landlords – standards that are perfectly reasonable to expect so landlords who already provide good quality housing won’t be affected.
- extra support for families, from helping those with special needs, to just having great days out!
- car drivers being able to pay for parking on exit instead of being fined for overstaying, and realistic speed bumps, not obstacles on an assault course.
- working with GM Transport to make trams and trains more accessible to residents by providing small, frequent buses that can connect estates to tram stops and train stations.
- Dukinfield residents having more chance of getting no educational qualifications compared to the rest of Tameside, and for those that do, fewer going on to higher education.
If ‘fracking’ was ever proposed for Tameside I would whole-heartedly defend against it. It’s simply licensed contamination of land and water supplies that also destroys our roads and peace and quiet, it’s a complete nonsense. It might never come to Tameside, but at least UKIP Tameside including me will fight if necessary for what is right, fair, healthy and prosperous for all residents.
I’ll fight anyone’s corner for a just cause.
Thanks for reading and here are the main issues in the UKIP Local Manifesto.
UKIP Tameside Action List:
YES to getting Tameside’s roads repaired
YES to more police back on our streets
YES to putting local people, including returning servicemen, first for housing
YES to funding local youth initiatives & clubs
YES to protect our countryside & parks
YES to cutting council tax & business rates
YES to free parking at hospitals in Tameside
YES up to 2 hours free parking in all town centres
YES to cut Council Executives & not front-line services